Friday, November 18, 2011

I like to plant orchid maculata.how can i do ?i want go mountain and bring one kind of wild orchids and plant?

how can i successfuly plant wild orkids.i want go mountain and bring the root or seed of some kind of orchid that now is grewing in mountains and plant it in my garden.would you please advise me how can do that?and how kind of soil that i have to use?and all thing about successfully planting orchids.many thanks.

I like to plant orchid maculata.how can i do ?i want go mountain and bring one kind of wild orchids and plant?
It sounds as if you live someplace that orchids grow naturally. I understand from the orchid nursery I buy from that in some places removing orchids from the wild is illegal. When I was growing up it was illegal to remove the Paphiopedlium orchid, Lady SLippers. So, first check that out. Second, the soil, and how to plant it should be the same as where you find it. If it is on the ground in moss then you probably want moss as a medium. If it is in a tree then probably bark, charcoal, vermiculite or diatomaceous earth chips. THe best thing to do is find your local "Orchid Society" group and ask them. You can also check the culture info at the site below.


No comments:

Post a Comment