Friday, November 18, 2011

Orchid Phalaenopsis Fungus?

How long does it take for a phal to recover from fungus? At first I was not sure what what wrong with my phal, the leaves began to turn yellow and fall off. After a bit of research I was sure that I had over watered and needed to repot asap. Once potted in a more orchid friendly pot that allowed circulation I was sure that it was going to recover. A couple days latter I noticed the remaining larger leaves beginning to droop and that a black smutty hole was being ate through it at the base. I promptly began using garden safe fungicide but it was to late to save the 2 larger leaves. I have only sprayed the plant twice and there is one slammer leave left that I think may fall off as it to is begging to turn yellow. There are new roots that have began establishing themselves in the new matter although i have only re potted it 3 days ago.. There are now 3 blooms left out of almost 11 of the natural blooming cycle. The plant does not get direct sunlight only sufficient light.

Orchid Phalaenopsis Fungus?
Best bet is to take it to a professional florist, change the soil and try keeping it in a cool dry place. Too much moisture may be harmful and norishing to the fungus.





Sorry I can't think of a better answer





Good Luck


No comments:

Post a Comment