Monday, November 16, 2009

Need help with my orchid!?

Got a real beauty Cambria orchid for my birthday and it does have tiny redish/brown spots on the leaves. Not a lot , mostly on the end towards the tips on a new growing leaves. I would like to know what it might be, how to get rid of it or at least preventing it form spreading. Hope it won't kill my plant.

Need help with my orchid!?
If they are hard brown bumps, they are scale insects. Gently scrape them off with your finger nail and keep a close eye on the plant for more.





As a previous poster said, they could be from sun hitting the leaves when there is water on them. I'm assuming you have Vulstkyera "Cambria Plush". They don't require full sun. It may simply be a minor disfigurement with no real damage to the overall health of the plant.





But do check for bugs.:-)
Reply:Do you water the plant directly. Remember Orchids should not have any standing water in them


No comments:

Post a Comment