Monday, November 16, 2009

Orchid- soil isn't drying out, yellow leaves, flowers falling off?

I bought my orchid a month ago. It has moss as its soil. It was wet when I bought it, but its not drying out. I have another orchid which I have to water every week, however this one I've only watered it once, and even then it wasn't needing a watering. Now one of the leaves is yellow, and the spike is droping on the end, and the flowers are falling off. Whats wrong??

Orchid- soil isn't drying out, yellow leaves, flowers falling off?
My boss grew orchids and always put them in a gravel base instead of soil. He explained that they needed air. Here's a site of growing them.


Hope it helps!
Reply:Orchids are potted on moss at retail stores so that they don't have to be watered before they are sold. They are not ment to stay in the moss. Repot with Orchid bark immediately!


No comments:

Post a Comment