Monday, November 16, 2009

What do I do with my orchid when it is not in bloom?

My beautiful orchid has bloomed for nearly two months and now it is gradually losing its flowers. I think this is natural for an orchid, but how long will it be before it blooms again and should I change anything about how I water it or how much sunlight it gets when it is not in bloom? Thanks!

What do I do with my orchid when it is not in bloom?
It depends upon the type of orchid you have. They all require different care.





http://orchidweb.org/aos/





There are culture sheets on each variety here.
Reply:The fact that you've been able to keep your orchid blooming for two months tells me that you're keeping it happy.





The main problems people have in keeping orchids alive and blooming is watering and humidity. These plants are very delicate and require special care. They also need fertilizer.





You haven't said which type of orchid you have. I would suggest you try to contact an orchid club near you for more info. There are plenty of websites to help you out. If you don't know which type of orchid you have, take pics or bring the plant in to your local nursery. Also, you can look on the web for pics.





Best of luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment