Friday, May 21, 2010

How do I save a Moth Orchid thats been over watered?

I bought this Moth Orchid at a local store it looked so sad and sickly. The man told me that it was left out in the rain and that therefore it had been over watered. How do you save one from this? Is that true that you can over water one? If anyone has any ideas about how to get this plant to stay alive I would love to hear them. Any information about Moth Orchids would be a great help to me since I know nothing about them. Thanks so much Belle

How do I save a Moth Orchid thats been over watered?
Please inspect whether the pot has a regular drain if not, poke a new hole for the water to drain. Allow the water to dry and carefully inspect the plant till the mud below become semi dry. Now pour very little water to keep the plant and the soil moist without over watering it. Repeat the procedure daily for one week or so. If the plant recovers in this period then call your self lucky otherwise I am sorry. Anyway, it is sad to see a plant die this way. Good luck !!!


No comments:

Post a Comment