Friday, May 21, 2010

What is this fungus on my orchid?

I keep getting this white fungus on my orchid. I tried removing it with a light soap %26amp; water mixture but it keeps coming back. I have several orchids and this is the only one that's "infested". Any idea what it is and how to get rid of it?

What is this fungus on my orchid?
Have you checked very closely to make sure this is a fungus and not an insect? Many insects on plants will look like a disease or fungus and treatment for insects is different than for fungus. The only product I know that will treat both is an Ortho product called Orthenex. It is a systemic so will continue to work for up to twenty eight days. I do however recommend that you follow the instructions exactly as it is toxic . Before you use this though I would examine the Orchid carefully and make sure if this is a fungus or insect. Both can be treated with a less toxic product. If however you just can't be sure than Orthenex is the best way to go.

cassell

No comments:

Post a Comment