Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I have a broken orchid. it is'nt growing or blooming.does anyone know anything about orchids? anything

the orchid was broken near the top of the stem that produces the flower. i cut it down and fertilized it. i pray it will grow again.

I have a broken orchid. it is'nt growing or blooming.does anyone know anything about orchids? anything
I had the same thing happen...my orchid was getting ready to bloom and I accidently broke off the top. I just left it and it started to bloom right below where it had broken. i used fertilizer and bloom booster on it and the new blooms are gorgous. Once these blooms die I am going to cut it right below the blooms and hopefully it will bloow again. If it doesnt cut it down to like 3 inches and keep watering it and it should bloom again next spring or so. Also do not water it too much...I only water it like every 2 weeks or so. And make sure it has just the right amount of light. perferably a window seal facing east(that is where I have mine), but west is fine as well. If the leaves are DARK green it is getting too much sun and if they are light yellowish green they are not getting enough light. in between those two are perfect. You will be able to tell if it is too dark or too light. Good luCK:)
Reply:all i know is there are "orchid hospitals" that will take them for you for a while and bring them back.


i've seen one in my town here in SC but cant' remember where. maybe this lead will help *shrugs*


No comments:

Post a Comment