Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My orchid is dying...?

I don't know what to do. My orchid is dying. I mean, the stem is dead, but I think they just look like that in the winter. However, now one of my leafs are dying too. I don't know what to do. Do you think I might be over watering it. The soil stay's damp all the time. Please someone help me.

My orchid is dying...?
Yea, that's your problem. Orchids hate to be wet. Go to a garden center and purchase some Orchid bark and a pot meant just for orchids (the pots have holes in them). You'll need to replant your orchid in the bark and when you water it make sure you use aged tap, distilled, or rain water only because they can't handle regular tap water. I water mine only once a week because the bark needs to dry out before watering again. I set it in the sink, and water it until the water runs from the holes in the container. I'm also very careful not to get the leaves and stalks wet. Try this and see if it doesn't pull through.


Good Luck
Reply:too much water.............................

camera

No comments:

Post a Comment